This is the only Sunday NRL match scheduled at Mt Smart Stadium in 2018 so you’ll want to be front and centre when the star-studded reigning premiers the Melbourne Storm line up against the Vodafone Warriors. Be there as both teams put it all on the line on a day that will double as New Zealand’s biggest sports charity day. A Vodafone Warriors v Melbourne Storm is a ‘must-see’ for any sports fan and with tickets to suit every budget, we’ve got you covered.
This Sunday will be the busiest game day programme of the season so far with a range of activities and attractions built around ‘The Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day’ alongside a football triple header featuring the club’s NRL, Instrust Super Premiership and Jersey Flegg Cup teams in action.
Members and fans attending the occasion will all be helping the Vodafone Warriors in their bid to fill the stadium. If it is sold out, the club will donate $50,000 to be shared among the day’s beneficiaries Shine, KidsCan, Paralympics New Zealand and Ronald McDonald House Charities. Sponsor Mitre 10 has also made a pledge on the basis of the attendance numbers while other sponsors and stakeholders are contributing in various ways.
Vodafone Warriors players and football staff have also climbed aboard by donating items and experiences which are being auctioned off or used in a monster game day raffle.
Suzuki has put up a Suzuki Vitara for a DROPIT auction at halftime in the main game while DROPIT will also auction a Vodafone Warriors fan pack during the break.
The well-established Woodstock ‘Kick for Cash’ will be another halftime attraction.
Vodafone Warriors members and fans can keep topping up the fund-raising drive by using the Vodafone text-a-donation service. By texting WARRIORS to 4483 you’ll be providing $3.00 to the fund-raising campaign (you can text as many times as you like).
Dominating the day will be the Vodafone Warriors’ battle with traditional rival Melbourne with the Michael Moore Trophy – held by the Storm – on the line once again.
Main Event Day features:
- ‘Be the Band’ | “Goat’ performing in the Entertainment Precinct 2.30pm-3.30pm.
- DROPIT auction for a Suzuki Vitara at halftime in the NRL game (valued at $34,790 plus on road costs).
- DROPIT auction of a Vodafone Warriors fan pack at halftime in the NRL game (four tickets to Captains’ Club for Newcastle home game on August 10, signed Vodafone Warriors jersey, one night’s accommodation at SKYCITY in two twin rooms, $250 food and beverage package, watch team’s final training session and behind-the-scenes tour of Mount Smart Stadium).
- Look out for our regular Woodstock ‘Kick for Cash’ competition, which has recently produced a couple of winners.
- Presentation of the Michael Moore Trophy to the winning team after the NRL match.
- Corporate Lounge auctions in support of ‘The Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day’ | Items include:
- Round of golf for two with Stacey Jones and Shaun Johnson.
- Signed and framed Simon Mannering jersey commemorating his feat in setting record for most appearances for the Vodafone Warriors.
- Kiwi captain Simon Mannering’s signed jersey from the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.
- Gucci watch.
- Corporate Lounge raffle in support of ‘The Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day’ | Items include:
- Dinner for two at SKYCITY with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Agnatius Paasi.
- Round of golf for two with Andrew McFadden and Blake Ayshford.
- Rehab game day experience for two for home game against Newcastle on August 10 including training with the rehab group, watching the game with the players and a food and beverage package.
- Training day experience for two including being water boy for a field session, lunch with the players and watching a gym session.
- Game day spot prizes in support of ‘The Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day’ including:
- Panasonic Viera 55-inch LED television.
- Five $100 Canterbury of New Zealand vouchers.
- Five SKYCITY vouchers.
- Four family passes to Rainbow’s End and Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium.Three Mitre 10 gift cards.
- Canterbury of New Zealand ultimate Vodafone Warriors kit bag.
- Monster game day raffle in support of ‘The Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day’ ($5.00 a ticket or three for $10.00):
- Air New Zealand flights and accommodation including VIP experience for Vodafone Warriors’ match against Canterbury-Bankstown in Sydney on August 19.
- Vodafone Warriors 2013 Heritage jersey (donated by Sir Peter Leitch).
- Signed Luke Brooks boot worn in Wests Tigers’ win over Melbourne in SKYCITY Auckland NRL Double Header at Mount Smart Stadium on April 7.
- TNT remote control truck.
- Vodafone Junior Warriors 2013 NYC jersey (donated by Sir Peter Leitch).
- Signed Melbourne Storm jersey from SKYCITY Auckland NRL Double Header match against Wests Tigers at Mount Smart Stadium on April 7.
- Signed and framed Adam Blair boot.
- KidsCan ‘The Starke’ European technology bicycle.
- ACC Big Warm-Up and mini mod footy games in the build-up to the big game (Two games on simultaneously | Under-7s: Te Puke Tigers v Glenfield Greyhounds, Point Chevalier Pirates v Ngongotaha Chiefs).
- Keep your eyes out for Tiki.
- The Canterbury of New Zealand T-Shirt Cannon will be in business as usual.
- Vodafone Stadium Live app is a great in-game tool. Download it.
- Also play Grandstand Millionaire. Download Vodafone’s Stadium Live app to play. Your challenge is to guess the try-scorers in exact order in the Vodafone Warriors v Melbourne Storm game.
For the kids:
- Harvey Norman Community Warriors Fun Zone:
- JP the Clown and juggler roaming.
- Smile Dealers and face painters.
- Ronald McDonald House | Giant Jenga, Connect Four and Bean Bag Toss.
- Shine | Canterbury of New Zealand tackle bag.
- KidsCan | Noughts and Crosses.
- Paralympics | Mini open day (long jump test, high jump test, ball throwing test).
- Carnival activities | Cup and saucer ride, Ferris wheel, climbing wall, cars, jumping castle.