At Western Springs Stadium we go out of our way to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. In return, we ask you to respect our facilities and help contribute to an enjoyable event for all our patrons. To achieve this, we require all visitors to the stadium to meet the following conditions of entry. Please note, conditions are subject to change without notice.
For safety reasons, footwear is to be worn at all times.
We do not permit gang patches or gang paraphernalia to be displayed.
Stadium management and its representatives reserve the right to request patrons to present any clothing, bags and other carried items for searching, including being subject to a pat down and/or a scanner search before entering the stadium.
If you refuse to present any of the requested items for searching, you will be denied entry.
Entry will be refused if a patron is intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances.
Search on entry
You and/or your possessions will be subject to a safety and security search / wanding upon entry. Below is a list of prohibited items. Confiscated items will not be returned, replaced or reimbursed. Stadium management and the promoter take no responsibility for confiscated items.
- Bags larger than A3 (400mm x 300mm x 300mm)
- Video cameras and recording device (this does not include mobile phones)
- Photographic devices with a lens larger than a standard watch face (not exceeding 4cm in diameter).
- Selfie sticks, Go Pros, Drones
- Banners with poles
- iPads or Tablets
- Cans or glass of any kind
- Strictly NO alcohol or illicit drugs
- Branded or commercial food and drinks, including takeaways
- Metal utensils and containers, cutlery, etc.
- Chilly bins / Coolers
- Dangerous goods
- Fireworks, flares, lasers or flash lights
- Knives, Tasers, Mace, Chains, Spurs or Studded Jewellery
- Offensive weapons including, but not limited to, any object that may be used as a projectile such as glow sticks, balls, containers, etc.
- Air horns and loud hailers
- Sun/rain shelters
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles or scooters
- Unauthorised promotional, marketing or advertising.
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency service dogs).
Any other items deemed by stadium management or the promoter to be illegal, dangerous or a nuisance to yourself or others. Please note that prohibited items will be confiscated and will not be returned. If in doubt, leave it at home. Stadium management and the promoter take no responsibility for confiscated items.
- Small personal cameras and camera phones are allowed. Professional cameras, or any camera with a lens larger than a standard watch face will not be permitted.
- Home prepared food.
- Prams and strollers.
- Handheld umbrellas.
- Furniture chairs or stools.
- Empty plastic bottle (up to 750ml) to use at the free water stations.
- Sealed bottle of water (up to 750ml).
- Disability assistance dogs
Drugs and Alcohol Policy
Western Springs Stadium complies with the Liquor Licensing Authority and prohibits the serving of alcohol to intoxicated or under-aged persons
Intoxicated or under-aged persons who are apprehended with alcohol will be escorted from the premises.
Western Springs Stadium maintains a strict ‘no drugs’ policy, illicit drugs are prohibited and will be confiscated at the gate. Any persons apprehended with drugs in their possession will be escorted from the premises. Incidents involving alcohol or drugs will be referred to the police where the situation requires it.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Property
Stadium management takes no responsibility for any damage to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property while on Stadium property.
Items of value recovered after an event will be taken to the Mt Wellington Police Station.
In order to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone, Stadium management reserves the right to deny entry or remove attendees who exhibit unacceptable or disruptive behaviour. There will be zero tolerance for intoxication. Those who arrive at the gates intoxicated will be refused entry and patrons who become intoxicated will be removed from the venue.
Western Springs Stadium is a SMOKE FREE venue. Patrons must not smoke within the venue. This includes the use of e-cigarettes and vaporisers.