At Western Springs Stadium you can enjoy a world-class stadium experience. The stadium and its facilities are here for the use and enjoyment of a variety of visitors, patrons and public users. As such, there is an expectation that minimal standards of behaviour and presentation are adhered to by everyone to ensure an enjoyable environment for all. To achieve this, we have the following conditions of entry that all visitors to the stadium are required to meet.
For safety reasons, footwear is to be worn at all times.
We do not permit gang patches or gang paraphernalia to be displayed.
- Small personal cameras and camera phones are allowed. Professional cameras, or any camera with a lens larger than a standard watch face will not be permitted.
- Empty plastic bottle without lid (up to 750ml) to use at the free water stations.
- Sealed bottle of water (up to 750ml) - please note lid will be discarded on entry to the stadium.
- Disability assistance dogs.
- Small quantities of home prepared food.
- Bags larger than A3 (400mm x 300mm x 300mm)
- Video cameras and recording devices (this does not include mobile phones)
- Photographic devices with a lens larger than a standard watch face (not exceeding 4cm in diameter).
- Prams and strollers
- Selfie sticks, Go Pros, Drones
- Banners with poles
- iPads or Tablets
- Cans or glass of any kind
- Strictly NO alcohol or illicit drugs
- Branded or commercial food and drinks, including takeaways
- Metal utensils and containers, cutlery, etc.
- Chilly bins / Coolers
- Dangerous goods
- Fireworks, flares, lasers or flash lights
- Knives, Tasers, Mace, Chains, Spurs or Studded Jewellery
- Offensive weapons including, but not limited to, any object that may be used as a projectile such as glow sticks, balls, containers, etc.
- Air horns and loud hailers
- Umbrellas or other sun/rain shelters
- Chairs, stools or other furniture
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles or scooters
- Unauthorised promotional, marketing or advertising.
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency service dogs)
- Any other items deemed by stadium management or the promoter to be illegal, dangerous or a nuisance to yourself or others
Please note that prohibited items will be confiscated and will not be returned. If in doubt, leave it at home. Stadium management and the promoter take no responsibility for confiscated items.
Stadium management and its representatives reserve the right to request patrons to present any clothing, bags and other carried items for searching, including being subject to a pat down and/or a scanner search before entering the stadium.
If you refuse to present any of the requested items for searching, you will be denied entry.
Entry will be refused if a patron is intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances.
Drugs and Alcohol Policy
Western Springs Stadium complies with the Liquor Licensing Authority and prohibits the serving of alcohol to intoxicated or under-aged persons.
There will be zero tolerance for intoxication.
Those who arrive at the gates intoxicated will be refused entry into the event, and patrons who become intoxicated will be escorted from the venue.
Intoxicated or under-aged persons who are apprehended entering the venue with alcohol will be escorted from the premises.
Persons supplying alcohol to underage patrons will be evicted from the premises.
Western Springs Stadium maintains a strict 'no drugs' policy.
Illicit drugs are prohibited and will be confiscated at the gate.
Any persons apprehended with drugs in their possession will be escorted from the premises.
Incidents involving alcohol or drugs will be referred to the NZ Police where the situation requires it.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Property
Stadium management takes no responsibility for any damage to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property while on Stadium property.
Items of value recovered after an event will be taken to the Mt Wellington Police Station.
In order to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone, Stadium management reserves the right to deny entry or remove attendees who exhibit unacceptable or disruptive behaviour. There will be zero tolerance for intoxication. Those who arrive at the gates intoxicated will be refused entry and patrons who become intoxicated will be removed from the venue.
In extreme cases, a patron who exhibits unacceptable or disruptive behaviour will be asked to leave the stadium. Dangerous activities such as aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing are not permitted and may result in the removal of patrons from the event. Failure to comply with a direction from Western Springs Stadium staff, security staff or the NZ Police to leave the event venue after having being warned to leave may render the ticket holder liable to arrest and prosecution for the offence of trespass under section 4 of the Trespass Act 1980 which is punishable on conviction by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or a term of imprisonment not exceeding 3 months.
Western Springs Stadium is a SMOKE FREE venue. Patrons must not smoke within the venue. This includes the use of e-cigarettes and vaporisers.