Gates open at 5:00pm
Please note that once you are in the venue you cannot leave and re-enter. No pass-outs.
Event starts approximately 6.30pm
Search on Entry
You and/or your possessions will be subject to a safety and security search upon entry. Prohibited items include, and are not limited to, the list at the end of this page. Any prohibited items that are declared, can be checked in and collected on departure. However, confiscated items (i.e. alcohol, etc.) will not be returned, replaced or reimbursed.
Leaving the Venue during the Concert
Once you enter the venue, you cannot leave and re-enter, so ensure that you take everything that you require into the stadium when you first enter.
A temporary liquor ban will be enforced on the following streets between 6:00am Saturday 22 November to 6:00am Sunday 23 November.
Liquor Ban signage will be erected 24 hours prior to the event. The Police will be actively monitoring these streets and enforcing this ban
• Beasley Avenue
• Maurice Road
• O’Rorke Road
• Hugo Johnston Drive
• Rockridge Avenue
• Station Rd
• Walls Road
• Olive Road
• Rockfield Road
• Goodman Place
• Henderson Place
• Botha Road
• Fairfax Avenue
• Bassant Avenue
• Church Street
• Great South Road – from Station Road to Penrose Road
• Bassant Reserve
• Simpson Reserve.
Getting to and from the Concert
Public Transport – Trains and Buses
Travel on trains and special event buses is included in your event ticket on Saturday 22 November 2014, subject to certain time restrictions and conditions. Ensure you hold on to your ticket for the ride home.
There is NO public car parking available at the Stadium. Please be aware the streets within the immediate precinct of Mt Smart Stadium and the Penrose railway station will be closed to support the safe and comfortable delivery of special event bus and train services. pm Parking will be at an absolute premium in the outer industrial areas of Mt Smart.
Charter bus parking is located on Hugo Johnston Drive. Bookings for this parking area should be made via the Stadium office on
09 366 2048.
Road closures will be in place in the streets around Mt Smart Stadium from Saturday 22 November to Sunday 23 November. If streets can be opened earlier they will be.
• Beasley Avenue – between 6:00am Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November
• Maurice Road – between 3:00pm Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November
• O’Rorke Road – between 3:00pm Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November
• Hugo Johnston Drive – between 3:00pm Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November
• Rockridge Avenue – between 3:00pm Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November
• Station Rd – between 9:00pm Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November
• Walls Road – between 9:00pm Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November
• Olive Road – between 9:00pm Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November
• Botha Road – between 9:00pm Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November
• Fairfax Road – between 9:00pm Saturday 22 November to 1:00am Sunday 23 November.
Mobility Parking Facilities
Limited mobility parking is available only for patrons holding a mobility parking permit. Bookings are essential due to limited availability. Exit from the venue will be delayed up to an hour following the concert to ensure the safety of pedestrians. To book a space in this parking area, please phone the Stadium office on 09 366 2048.
Entry is via O’Rorke Road and parking is in Carpark 1 - Please refer to the venue map.
Drop Off/Pick Up Point
The best location for drop off/pick up is on Church Street (west of the stadium) or Station Road between Rockefield and Maurice Road.
Food and Beverage Facilities
A range of catering outlets will be available along with bar service.
The tops will be removed from all purchased beverages to reduce the safety risk from full bottles being thrown.
If we think you look under 25 or we are not sure of your age, we will ask you for ID. Acceptable forms of proof of age are a NZ driver’s license, NZ or overseas passport or the HANZ 18+ card. If you cannot provide proof of age when asked, we cannot serve you alcohol.
The venue reserves the right to deny entry to and/or evict intoxicated patrons or under-age patrons found with alcohol.
By law NO alcohol can be brought into the Stadium. It is also venue policy that no commercially prepared food products, including takeaway meals or soft drinks can be brought into the Stadium. Sealed bottled water (1 litre) is permitted, however the top will be removed on entry. Metal utensils and cutlery are also not allowed. If in doubt leave it at home.
Cloakroom facilities will not be available at this event.
First aid will be available at various positions around the Stadium.
Limited ATM and EFTPOS facilities will be available within the Stadium. Patrons are strongly advised to come prepared with sufficient cash for the entire evening.
Mt Smart Stadium is a totally SMOKEFREE zone. Patrons must not smoke within Stadium grounds.
The concert will proceed rain or shine, unless the promoter should decide it’s unsafe to perform. No shade or rain umbrellas are permitted in the venue, so bring a raincoat or poncho if rain is predicted.
General Conditions of Entry
At Mt Smart Stadium we go out of our way to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. In return, we ask you to respect our facilities and help contribute to an enjoyable event for all our patrons.
To achieve this, we require all visitors to the Stadium to meet the following conditions of entry. Please note, conditions are subject to change without notice.
For safety reasons, footwear is to be worn at all times.
We do not permit gang patches or gang paraphernalia to be displayed.
• Stadium management and its representatives reserve the right to request patrons to present any clothing, bags and other carried items for searching before you enter the Stadium.
• If you refuse to present any of the requested items for searching, you may be denied entry.
• We reserve the right to search vehicles entering the Stadium.
• Entry will be refused if a patron is intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances.
What You can Bring into the Stadium
• A bag that can fit under your seat, no larger than 350mm x 300mm x 400mm
• One sealed plastic water bottle up to 1 litre (top will be removed upon entry)
• Small snacks such as homemade sandwiches, biscuits, small packets of chips, confectionery
• Guide dog
• Banners, placards and flags at the discretion of stadium management.
What you May NOT Bring into the Stadium
• Chilly bins
• Commercially prepared food including takeaways
• Cans or glass containers
• Alcohol or illicit drugs
• Air horns or loud hailers
• Furniture, chairs or stools
• Prams or strollers
• Rain or shade umbrellas
• Animals. (except guide dogs)
• Dangerous goods
• Video cameras and recording devices (cell phones are ok)
• Photographic devices with a removable lens or deemed to be for professional use
• Large items that cannot be placed under a seat
• Skateboards, rollerblades or scooters
• Fireworks, flares or laser lights
• Items that in the opinion of management/security could cause harm or public nuisance.
Stadium management takes no responsibility for goods surrendered.
Drugs and Alcohol Policy
Mt Smart Stadium complies with the Liquor Licensing Authority and prohibits the serving of alcohol to intoxicated or under-aged persons
Intoxicated or under-aged persons who are apprehended with alcohol will be escorted from the premises.
Mt Smart Stadium maintains a strict ‘no drugs’ policy, illicit drugs are prohibited and will be confiscated at the gate. Any persons apprehended with drugs in their possession will be escorted from the premises. Incidents involving alcohol or drugs will be referred to the police where the situation requires it.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Property
Stadium management takes no responsibility for any damage to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property while on Stadium property.
In order to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone, Stadium management reserves the right to deny entry or remove attendees who exhibit unacceptable or disruptive behaviour. There will be zero tolerance for intoxication. Those who arrive at the gates intoxicated will be refused entry and patrons who become intoxicated will be removed from the venue.
All information is correct at the time of publication and is subject to change without notice.