Please read below for important information about how you can maximise your enjoyment at Rapture 2014, Western Springs Stadium, Saturday 15 February.
Venue and Show Information
Ticket purchase and collection will be available from the Box Office next to the main gates on the outer field (off Great North Road) from 9.00am on the day of the show.
Patrons are encouraged to collect their pre-purchased tickets in advance from a Ticketmaster outlet.
We're expecting a big crowd at the event so if you are collecting tickets at the venue plan your arrival in anticipation of queues.
Please note there are no ticketing box office services available from Gate 8 on Old Mill Road.
Gates Open: 3:30pm*
Support artists from 5:00pm*
David Dallas 5:45pm
Action Bronson 6:35pm
*Times are approximate and subject to change
Make sure you check your ticket for details on which zone and gate to enter. Please note – no ticket, no entry.
There are five zones within the venue. Your ticket clearly states which zone you have access to. There is strictly no crossover between the zones.
Check out the video below for the event set-up including gates and designated zones.
Pass-outs will not be available at the event, so please ensure that you take everything you require with you when you first enter the venue.
Search on Entry
You and/or your possessions will be subject to a safety and security search upon entry. A full list of prohibited and permitted items is available at the end of this page. Confiscated items (i.e. alcohol, etc.) will not be returned, replaced or reimbursed.
Cloakroom facilities will not be available at this event.
Food and Beverage Facilities
A range of catering outlets will be available along with bar service. If we think you look under 25 or we are not sure of your age, we will ask you for ID. Acceptable forms of proof of age are a NZ driver’s license, NZ or overseas passport or the HANZ 18+ card. Please note, international driver's licences or other international IDs are not acceptable.
If you cannot provide proof of age when asked, we cannot serve you alcohol. The venue will deny entry to and/or evict intoxicated patrons or under-age patrons found with alcohol. Alcohol sales will finish at 9.30 pm.
By law NO alcohol can be brought into the stadium. It is also venue policy that no commercially prepared food products, including takeaway meals or soft drinks can be brought into the stadium. A 1 litre sealed water bottle is permitted, however the top will be removed on entry. Metal utensils and cutlery are also not allowed. If in doubt, please leave it at home.
Limited ATM and EFTPOS facilities will be available within the stadium. Patrons are strongly advised to come prepared with sufficient cash for the entire evening.
First aid will be available at various positions around the stadium.
Toilets are located at various positions around the stadium.
Western Springs is a SMOKE FREE zone. Patrons must not smoke within the stadium grounds.
The event will proceed rain or shine and only exceptionally severe weather conditions will affect the performance. No shade or rain umbrellas are permitted in the venue, so bring a raincoat or poncho if inclement weather is predicted.
Getting to and from the Event
Public Transport - Trains and Buses
Travel on trains and special event buses is included in your event ticket on Saturday 15 February 2014, subject to certain time restrictions and conditions. Travel on event bus services starts from the published times and runs until no later than 90 minutes after the concert.
For full information on train and event bus services visit maxx.co.nz or phone 09 366 6400.
For those of you also attending the Dick Smith NRL Auckland Nines, please use the approved walking route.
There is NO public parking available at the stadium. Road closures and parking restrictions will affect the streets around Western Springs Stadium. For more information about parking and road closures, see aucklandtransport.govt.nz or call 09 355 3553. Charter bus parking is located on Great North Road between the Bullock Track and Surrey Crescent intersections.
Mobility Parking Facilities
Limited allocated mobility parking is available for patrons holding a valid accessible seating ticket. Bookings are essential. To book a space in this parking area please phone the stadium office on 09 366 2048. Patrons holding a valid accessible seating ticket for the event and a mobility parking permit can enter Bullock Track from Old Mill Rd and park on the outer field.
Drop Off/Pick Up Point
The best location for drop off/pick up is the Grey Lynn shops on Surrey Crescent and Great North Road.
At Western Springs Stadium we go out of our way to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. In return, we ask you to respect our facilities and help contribute to an enjoyable event for all our patrons.
To achieve this, we have the following conditions of entry that we require all visitors to the stadium to meet. Please note conditions are subject to change without notice.
- For safety reasons, footwear is to be worn at all times.
- We do not permit gang patches or gang paraphernalia to be displayed.
- Stadium management and its representatives reserve the right to request patrons to present any clothing, bags and other carried items for searching, including being subject to a pat down and/or a scanner search before entering the stadium.
- If you refuse to present any of the requested items for searching, you will be denied entry.
- We reserve the right to search vehicles entering the stadium.
- Entry will be refused if a patron is intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances.
- Bags larger than 350 mm high x 300mm deep x 400mm wide.
- Video cameras and recording devices.
- Photographic devices with a removable lens or deemed to be for professional use.
- Cans or glass of any kind.
- Strictly NO alcohol or illicit drugs.
- Branded or commercial food and drinks, including takeaways.
- Metal utensils, cutlery, etc.
- Chilly bins.
- Dangerous goods.
- Fireworks, flares or lasers.
- Offensive weapons including but not limited to any object that may be used as a projectile such as glow sticks, balls, containers etc.
- Air horns or loud hailers.
- Umbrellas or other sun or rain shelters.
- Furniture, chairs or stools.
- Blankets in the Lose Yourself Zone and Red Zone.
- Prams or strollers.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles or scooters.
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency service dogs).
- Any other items deemed by stadium management or the promoter to be illegal, dangerous or a nuisance to yourself or others.
**Please note that prohibited items will be confiscated and will not be returned. If in doubt leave it at home or in your car. Stadium management and the promoter take no responsibility for confiscated items.
Drugs and Alcohol Policy
- Western Springs Stadium complies with the Liquor Licensing Authority and prohibits the serving of alcohol to intoxicated or under-aged persons.
- There will be zero tolerance for intoxication. Those who arrive at the gates intoxicated will be refused entry into the event, and patrons who become intoxicated will be escorted from the venue.
- Intoxicated or under-aged persons who are apprehended with alcohol will be escorted from the premises.
- Persons supplying alcohol to underage patrons will be evicted from the premises.
- Western Springs Stadium maintains a strict 'no drugs' policy. Illicit drugs are prohibited and will be confiscated at the gate.
Any persons apprehended with drugs in their possession will be escorted from the premises.
- Incidents involving alcohol or drugs will be referred to the NZ police where the situation requires it.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Property
- Stadium management takes no responsibility for any damage to, loss or theft of a patron's personal property while on stadium property.
- In extreme cases, a patron who exhibits unacceptable or disruptive behaviour will be asked to leave the stadium.
- Failure to comply with a direction from Western Springs Stadium staff, security staff or the NZ Police to leave the event venue may render the ticket holder liable to arrest and prosecution for the offence of trespass under section 4 of the Trespass Act 1980 which is punishable on conviction by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or a term of imprisonment not exceeding 3 months.
General Admission Field - Conditions of Entry
- The General Admission Field area (Lose Yourself Zone, VIP Area and the Red Zone) are not recommended for children under 15 years.
- Stadium terms and conditions of entry and restricted items apply.
- Patrons must enter through the gate listed on their ticket.
- Dangerous activities such as aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing are not permitted and may result in the removal of patrons from the event.
All information is correct at the time of publication and is subject to change without notice.