*Please note times are approximate and are subject to change.
Gates open – 5:30pm
Support Act (Wolfmother) – 6:45pm
Guns N' Roses – 8:00pm
Approximate finish time – 10:45pm
GETTING TO AND FROM THE CONCERT
Travel on trains and special event buses is included in your concert ticket, subject to certain time restrictions and conditions. Ensure you hold on to your ticket for the ride home. Visit the Auckland Transport website for more details on these services.
Bus services to the CBD will depart from the Grey Lynn shops following the concert. There will be a shuttle service, located at the corner of Great North and Tuarangi Road, to transport mobility impaired patrons to the bus pick up point following the conclusion of the event.
DROP OFF/PICK UP POINT
The best location for drop off/pick up is the Grey Lynn shops on Surrey Crescent and Great North Road.
COMING TO THE CONCERT FROM THE NRL AUCKLAND NINES
If you're coming to Guns N’ Roses after the Nines at Eden Park, a safe, quick and easy path to the stadium has been highlighted on the footpath. Walk along the pink line from outside Eden Park’s Gate A, over Bond St bridge, then through Arch Hill Scenic Reserve and straight to Western Springs. Have fun along the way and be here in about 25 minutes.
There are NO parking facilities available at the Stadium. Please be aware that some of the streets within the immediate precinct of Western Springs Stadium will be closed to support the safe and comfortable delivery of special event bus and train services. These streets are listed below under Road Closures.
Limited allocated mobility parking is available for patrons holding a valid accessible seating ticket.
Bookings are essential. To book a space in this parking area please phone the stadium office on 09 366 2048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, physical address and permit number.
Exit from the venue carpark will be delayed up to an hour following the concert to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
CHARTER BUS PARKING
Charter bus parking can be booked via the Stadium office on 09 366 2048. This parking is not available for motor home or camper van parking.
The following streets will be subject to closures. If they can be opened earlier than the stated times they will be:
• Bullock Track from 5:00pm to midnight Saturday, 4 February 2017
• Stadium Road from 5:00am Saturday, 4 February to 1:00am Sunday, 5 February 2017
• Westview Road – Resident only access and parking from 5:00pm to midnight Saturday, 4 February 2017
• Great North Road (between Motions Road and Surrey Crescent) from 9:30pm to midnight Saturday, 4 February 2017
• Great North Road (between Bond Street and Surrey Crescent) from 9:30pm Saturday, 4 February to 1:00am Sunday, 5 February
• Williamson Avenue from 9:30pm Saturday, 4 February to 1:00am Sunday, 5 February 2017
• Surrey Crescent (Great North Road to Richmond Road) from 9:30pm Saturday, 4 February to 1:00am Sunday, 5 February 2017
• Tuarangi Road from 9:30pm Saturday, 4 February to 1:00am Sunday, 5 February 2017
• Western Springs SH16 off ramp, city bound, from 9:30pm Saturday, 4 February to 1:00am Sunday, 5 February 2017.
TEMPORARY LIQUOR BAN
A temporary liquor ban will be enforced within the following public areas between 6:00am Saturday, 4 February to 6:00am Sunday, 5 February 2017. The Police will be actively monitoring these public areas and enforcing this ban.
Waitemata Local Board area
Western Springs Lakeside, Western Springs Outer Fields, Motions Road, Bullock Track, Old Mill Road, West View Road, Stadium Road, Sherwood Avenue , Stanmore Road, Surrey Crescent, Wilton Street, Ivanhoe Road, Rona Avenue, Sefton Avenue, Castle Street, Francis Street, Wexford Road, Browning Street, Selbourne Street, Firth Road, Tuarangi Road, Tay Street, Herringson Avenue, Barrington Road, Gilbert Avenue, Shirley Road, Levonia Street, Premier Avenue and Great North Road between Motions Road and the permanent all hours alcohol controls already in place at the Grey Lynn Town Centre.
Albert Eden Local Board area
Mountain View Road north of Levonia Street, Warwick Street, Myrtle Street, Cardigan Street, Bannerman Road, Springfield Road, Western Springs Road (St Lukes Road to Mountain View Road), Western Springs Garden including the carpark on Derwent Street.
TICKET COLLECTION & GATE SALES
Ticket purchase and collection will be available from the Box Office next to Gate A on the outer field (off Great North Road) from 9.00am on the day of the show.
Patrons are encouraged to collect their pre-purchased tickets in advance from a Ticketmaster outlet. If you have “E Tickets”, please print them in advance.
There will be a large crowd so if collecting tickets at the venue plan your arrival in anticipation of queues. No ticket, no entry.
VENUE CONFIGURATION & ENTRY GATES
Please enter via the gate specified on your ticket.
Gate A - VIP & Diamond
Gate B - Gold & Silver
Gate C - Embankment, Terrace & Grandstand
Gate D - Embankment (only if specified on your ticket)
View a printable venue map here
A range of catering outlets will be available along with bar service.
You may bring a small amount of home prepared food such as sandwiches, baking or fruit however commercially prepared food products, including takeaway meals or soft drinks are not permitted. Glass containers or bottles are not permitted.
Stations with free water and cups will be available throughout the venue. You may bring your own water bottle (up to 1litre) to fill at the stations however please note that lids are not permitted and will be discarded on entry. Please note if you are ticketed to the VIP or Diamond areas you wil not be permitted to take your own bottle into this zone.
Lids from all beverages (including water and soft drinks) will be removed on purchase to reduce the safety risk of full bottles being thrown.
Please note the VIP Pits, Diamond section and the Diamond Bar are bottle free zones. This means all beverages served or brought into the area (including water and soft drinks) will be decanted into plastic cups.
If we think you look under 25 or we are not sure of your age, we will ask you for ID.
Acceptable forms of proof of age are a NZ driver’s license, NZ or overseas passport or the HANZ 18+ card. If you cannot provide proof of age when asked, we cannot serve you alcohol.
The venue reserves the right to deny entry to and/or evict intoxicated patrons or under-age patrons found with alcohol.
Cloakroom facilities will not be available at this event.
First aid will be available at various positions around the stadium.
Toilets are located at various positions around the stadium.
CASH OUT FACILITIES
Limited cash out facilities will be available within the stadium.
Western Springs Stadium is a totally SMOKE FREE zone. Patrons must NOT smoke within stadium grounds – this includes use of e-cigarettes and vaporisers. If you wish to smoke you can be scanned out at the gate and scanned back in. Please retain your ticket for re-entry. Please note you will be subject to a safety and security search upon re-entry. If you return to the gates intoxicated you will be refused entry.
The concert will proceed rain or shine, unless the promoter should decide it’s unsafe to perform. No shade or rain umbrellas are permitted in the venue so bring a raincoat or poncho if rain is predicted.
LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED PROPERTY
Stadium management takes no responsibility for any damage to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property while on stadium property.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
At Western Springs Stadium we go out of our way to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. In return, we ask you to respect our facilities and help contribute to an enjoyable event for all our patrons. To achieve this, we require all visitors to the stadium to meet the following conditions of entry. Please note, conditions are subject to change without notice.
For safety reasons, footwear is to be worn at all times.
We do not permit gang patches or gang paraphernalia to be displayed.
Stadium management and its representatives reserve the right to request patrons to present any clothing, bags and other carried items for searching, including being subject to a pat down and/or a scanner search before entering the stadium.
If you refuse to present any of the requested items for searching, you will be denied entry.
We reserve the right to search vehicles entering the stadium.
Entry will be refused if a patron is intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances.
SEARCH ON ENTRY
You and/or your possessions will be subject to a safety and security search upon entry. Below is a list of prohibited items. Confiscated items will not be returned, replaced or reimbursed. Stadium management and the promoter take no responsibility for confiscated items.
• Bags larger than 350mm high x 300mm deep x 400mm wide
• Video cameras and recording device (this does not include mobile phones)
• Photographic devices with a removable lens or cameras deemed to be for professional use
• Selfie sticks
• Go Pros
• iPads or Tablets
• Cans or glass of any kind
• Strictly NO alcohol or illicit drugs
• Branded or commercial food and drinks, including takeaways
• Metal utensils, cutlery, etc
• Chilly bins
• Dangerous goods
• Fireworks, flares, lasers or flash lights
• Offensive weapons including, but not limited to, any object that may be used as a projectile such as glow sticks, balls, containers, etc
• Air horns or loud hailers
• Umbrellas or other sun/rain shelters
• Furniture chairs or stools
• Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles or scooters
• Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency service dogs)
• Any other items deemed by stadium management or the promoter to be illegal, dangerous or a nuisance to yourself or others
Please note that prohibited items will be confiscated and will not be returned. If in doubt, leave it at home. Stadium management and the promoter take no responsibility for confiscated items.
Small personal cameras and camera phones are allowed. Professional cameras with detachable lenses are not.
Empty plastic or aluminium bottle without lid (up to 1 litre) to use at the free water stations. Please note that if you are ticketed to the VIP or Diamond zones you will not be able to take your bottle in.
Sealed bottle of water (up to 1 litre) - please note lid will be discarded on entry
Disability assistance dogs.
• Banners, placards and flags no larger than 1m x 1m with sticks and poles detached before entering the stadium.
• Small quantities of home prepared food.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY
• Western Springs Stadium complies with the Liquor Licensing Authority and prohibits the serving of alcohol to intoxicated or under-aged persons.
• There will be zero tolerance for intoxication.
• Those who arrive at the gates intoxicated will be refused entry into the event, and patrons who become intoxicated will be escorted from the venue.
• Intoxicated or under-aged persons who are apprehended with alcohol will be escorted from the premises.
• Persons supplying alcohol to underage patrons will be evicted from the premises.
• Western Springs Stadium maintains a strict 'no drugs' policy.
• Illicit drugs are prohibited and will be confiscated at the gate.
• Any persons apprehended with drugs in their possession will be escorted from the premises.
• Incidents involving alcohol or drugs will be referred to the NZ Police where the situation requires it.
In extreme cases, a patron who exhibits unacceptable or disruptive behaviour will be asked to leave the stadium.
Dangerous activities such as aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing are not permitted and may result in the removal of patrons from the event.
Failure to comply with a direction from Western Springs Stadium staff, security staff or the NZ Police to leave the event venue may render the ticket holder liable to arrest and prosecution for the offence of trespass under section 4 of the Trespass Act 1980 which is punishable on conviction by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or a term of imprisonment not exceeding 3 months.